Reliable Legal Help with Trucking Accidents in Massachusetts
Representing victims of these dangerous crashes throughout the Boston area
Being in an accident with an 18-wheeler is a terrifying experience, and many of these crashes result in injuries, serious property damage and even death. At Feinberg & Alban, P.C., we have the experience and knowledge to help you seek the compensation you need and deserve after a trucking accident. Our Boston attorneys have handled thousands of car and truck accident cases across Massachusetts, and over the years we’ve become one of the most respected and sought-after personal injury firms in the entire commonwealth. For reliable assistance working with insurance companies and negligent parties, turn to us.
Holding drivers and trucking companies accountable
Semi-trucks and 18-wheelers are much larger and heavier than the average vehicle, and thus tend to cause much more damage when involved in an accident. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), 3,341 people were killed and another 60,000 were injured nationwide in trucking accidents in 2011, the most common injuries being broken bones, burns, lacerations and injuries to the head, back and neck.
If you’ve been involved in a tractor-trailer accident, you may be able to seek compensation from the following:
- Truck drivers. Truck drivers must follow strict regulations governing how long they can drive without rest. If they fail to meet these requirements, they risk the safety of everyone else on the road.
- Trucking companies. According to federal law, the permit holder for any truck involved in an accident may be liable for compensation for injuries or property damage.
- Equipment manufacturers. Semi-trucks require complex equipment and systems to operate effectively, and the failure of just one component may result in a serious accident. You may be able to seek compensation from manufacturers if equipment failure was to blame for your accident and injuries.
- Shippers and loaders. Shippers and loaders may be liable if they improperly load trailers with too much weight or an unbalanced load that may cause the driver to lose control.
- Insurance companies. Just like all drivers on the road, truck drivers and trucking companies are required to hold liability insurance. If their insurer refuses to give you the compensation you deserve, a lawyer can help file a lawsuit.
Which state and federal laws must truck drivers follow?
In Massachusetts, motor vehicles must have special permits depending on the number of axles they have and how much weight they carry. At the federal level, the FMCSA has banned the use of all handheld mobile devices for truck drivers across all 50 states; truck drivers who cause accidents while illegally using a cell phone are subject to both civil and criminal penalties. If your car accident was the result of a trucker’s violation of state or federal law, you and your Boston lawyer can use that information in your pursuit of compensation.
Turn to our Boston truck accident lawyers to learn more about your options
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a trucking accident, meet with the team at Boston’s Feinberg & Alban, P.C. We work hard for accident victims and fight for the compensation you deserve. Set up your free 1 to serve Boston, Attleboro, Brocton, Cambridge, Fall River and the surrounding communities.