Boston Lawyers Aiding Construction Workers Hurt in Building Collapses
Massachusetts Law Firm litigating injury and wrongful death actions for victims and families
Negligent design or operation during the building or repair of a structure can cause the massive weight of that structure to collapse on construction workers. When this occurs, the Boston-based attorneys at Feinberg & Alban, P.C. help laborers and their families to obtain justice through the legal system. An injured employee or contractor might have a workers’ compensation case for lost wages and medical costs, as well as a personal injury action against a third party for damages such as pain and suffering. In cases where a collapse is fatal, we can file a wrongful death action to help compensate families for the long-term financial loss they have suffered.
Providing diligent representation for all types of building collapse cases
The wreckage of a collapsed building is not just a dangerous area, but also one where answers are hard to find. Feinberg & Alban has both the experience to find the liable parties and the knowledge to handle the case, no matter how complex. Collapses may be caused by one or more of the following:
- Engineering or design flaws — In some instances, an error in the planning stage results in tragic consequences for workers who are just following directions. Our attorneys investigate the entire process to detect where the problem originated.
- Faulty materials — Employers have a responsibility to provide safe building materials and tools. At every stage of construction, the structure must be able to support itself and withstand foreseeable circumstances such as wind and rain.
- Substandard oversight — Particularly when large structures are being erected, construction sites are constantly changing scenes requiring active supervision. Crucial changes or details might be missed due to cost cutting or inattention.
- Fires and explosions — Explosions, such as those related to gas line leaks, and severe fires can damage building supports and cause a collapse. In situations like these, there may be more than one responsible party. We will find each one and seek an outcome that holds each one accountable.
- Lack of preparation in construction — For example, for a failure to erect proper shoring at a construction site, Feinberg and Alban P. C. recovered $500,000 for a worker who lost a finger as a ceiling collapsed.
Following a building collapse, OSHA’s Incident Command System develops a record of the causes and conditions relating to the accident. Using that and developing our own sources of information, our attorneys prepare a comprehensive case so that you have the best possible chance for a complete financial recovery.
Speak to a construction accident attorney today for a free initial consultation
If you’re a construction worker injured in a building collapse or the family member of one killed in such an accident, the experienced personal injury lawyers at Feinberg & Alban, P.C. can help. Set up your free consultation by calling 617-925-5329 or by contacting us online. Our attorneys serve clients in Boston, Worcester, Springfield and throughout Massachusetts.