Boston Attorneys Represent Bystanders Hurt at Construction Sites
Massachusetts injury law firm obtains compensation for victims
Poorly operated machinery and loose debris at construction sites can injure and even kill unsuspecting bystanders. Larger construction sites present a greater risk of injury but also pose a challenge to victims who are often left with numerous potentially responsible parties all pointing fingers at each other. When this occurs, Feinberg & Alban, P.C. cuts through the red tape to help injured passersby identify the parties at fault and hold them responsible. Our Boston-based attorneys have the litigation skills and experience to maximize your chances for a substantial settlement or judgment.
Lawyers to help plaintiffs succeed in negligence lawsuits
To succeed on a personal injury negligence claim, five elements must be demonstrated. Feinberg & Alban lawyers know how and where to find the relevant evidence to prove that these elements exist:
- Duty — Construction companies owe reasonable care to people who might foreseeably be hurt walking by the site.
- Breach of duty — We will investigate the circumstances completely to prove that appropriate precautions were not taken and that the construction company breached its duty of care.
- Cause in fact —This factual determination ties the actual misconduct to the injury that occurred.
- Proximate cause — After showing that the builder’s or contractor’s negligence actually caused the injury, we show that the incident was a reasonably foreseeable outcome of their malfeasance.
- Damages — Our attorneys will submit a full accounting of all of the harm you’ve suffered due to the accident.
Whether your claim results in a trial or settlement, we will use our knowledge and experience to deliver the strongest case possible on your behalf.
Combating defenses used by insurers to avoid responsibility
Attorneys and insurance companies representing construction companies often try to pin blame on the injured victim. Even if you think you might be partly responsible for your injuries, Feinberg & Alban can help you get some compensation for damages including medical costs, lost wages and the pain you’ve suffered. Under Massachusetts’ modified comparative negligence law, a personal injury plaintiff can collect damages as long as the defendant bears a majority of the responsibility for the injury. In a case where the plaintiff is accorded 25 percent of the fault, the damage award would be reduced by 25 percent. In that scenario, a $100,000 damage award would be reduced to $75,000. If you were merely passing by a construction site and suffered serious injury due to the negligence of one of the parties involved, you deserve to seek full and fair compensation for the harm done to you.
Speak to a construction accident attorney today for a free initial consultation
If you’ve been injured while standing near or passing by a construction site, speak with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers at Feinberg & Alban, P.C. Set up your free consultation by calling (617) 232-5950 or by contacting us online. Our attorneys serve clients in Boston, Worcester, Springfield and throughout Massachusetts.