If You’ve Been Injured in an Automobile Accident in Massachusetts, We Will Get You What You Deserve
Representing clients in Boston and throughout Plymouth, Taunton, Bridgewater, Brockton and More
If you’ve been involved in any sort of automobile accident, there’s only one firm that you need turn to — Feinberg & Alban, P.C. With a legal team that has the experience of thousands of car accidents, our attorneys can help you fight the injustice of life-changing injuries and tremendous property damage. Our lawyers include Robert Feinberg, who has long been recognized as one of the leading authorities on Massachusetts automobile law as well as Marsha Alban and Colleen Anthony, each of whom has the sophistication, knowledge and insight to navigate you through the complex maze of issues and insurers, including health insurers and liability insurers, so that peace of mind will be achieved. Their team also includes Ludwig Alban, whose technical insight is very valuable, and Alexis Cahill, who spent three years guiding patients through the maze of medical billing prior to becoming a lawyer.
Have you experienced a car accident for any reason?
Although car accidents are a large portion of Massachusetts personal injury claims, each one needs to be evaluated independently, often because there are complexities in obtaining evidence and understanding the extremely complicated Massachusetts laws regarding automobile crashes. One of the major steps that we face is determining who is at fault — that is, who is negligent — by failing to use due care while driving an automobile or other vehicle. There are many reasons someone may be a negligent driver:
- Talking on a cell phone
- Texting while driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving a defective or recalled car
- Violations of other laws
- Failure to obey traffic signs or signals
- Careless driving
- Not using turn signals
- Not obeying the speed limit
- Dangerous intersections
- SUV or car rollovers
Some reasons don’t depend on the actions or omissions of the driver. For example, drunk driving might lead to a dram shop claim that a Feinberg & Alban, P.C. attorney can bring against the bar that allowed the drunk driver to get in his/her car. Compensation can be obtained even if a hit-and-run driver fled the scene. If the accident was the result of bad design of a roadway or debris on the streets, you may be able to pursue a claim against the designer or builder responsible. The attorneys at Feinberg & Alban, P.C. are here to help you see if you can obtain fair compensation for your injuries, regardless of the type or source of the vehicle accident — car crash, trucking accident, pedestrian, motorcycle collision, bicycle accident or more.
If I get injured — or lose a family member in an accident — what are my options?
Depending on the nature of the accident, different portions of the Massachusetts insurance law will cover your injuries. A Feinberg & Alban, P.C. attorney can help you make sense of each of these, particularly if you have higher coverage levels
- Medical Bills are paid under Personal Injury Protection (PIP), which is essentially what we call “no-fault insurance,” as it doesn’t require assigning fault. PIP is paid under the insurance policy for the vehicle you were in when the injury occurred except in very specific circumstances.
- If you cannot work due to the injuries, Massachusetts insurance policies generally cover Lost Wages at up to 75 percent of your average weekly wage up to a certain amount.
- When a car accident results in physical injuries or, worse, wrongful death, you will be entitled to recover for the pain and suffering associated with the injury. Wrongful death is of course compensable too. In the injury context, a right to recover for pain and suffering comes about only if medical bills exceed $2,000 or there has been a fracture or scarring. M.G.L.c. 231, s. 6D.
- Injuries caused by uninsured and underinsured drivers or those who have hit and run, may be compensated through uninsured/underinsured coverage through personal or family automobile insurance policies.
The lawyers to turn to in Boston and throughout Massachusetts after a car accident